Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sushi: Ok. Coffee: Everywhere

So far I've been abstaining from sushi just fine. It seems much easier to stay away from establishments that serve sushi than ones that serve coffee, of course, but I've been thinking more about over-fishing in general. It doesn't make much sense to me to cut out fish altogether. But there are a few fish that are especially popular in the U.S. that have resulted in incredible demand and thus overfishing.

Two kinds of fish in particular make the list: grouper and tuna. While there are several varieties of each, tuna is usually found more often in sushi. Grouper, on the other hand, can be found on just about every menu of a restaurant that serves fish. More often than not though, it is usually not grouper. This proves its popularity. Still, I have decided to cut grouper out as well though I'll have to do some more research about better alternatives. Tuna, whether on or off a bed of rice, is now on the same list for me.

Coffee is another story. It is everywhere! It is on the way to school, in about 3 different places at school, and the smell seems to follow me everywhere! I've been staying strong though (It's okay, you can laugh).

But this has also proved to be positive in other ways. Not buying coffee out has kept some more money in my wallet and it's probably better that I'm not all jacked up from morning to night. Still, its taking some adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment